What’s for dinner? Tacos are a crowd pleaser and are simple to make! Make it any day of the week but it is fun to call it ‘Taco Tuesday’ just like in the Lego movie.
Simple and Easy Taco Recipe
A quick and easy week night dinner is tacos. We use the left-overs later in the week for nachos, or quesadillas.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn cumin
- 2 to 2 1/2 Tblspn chili powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn black pepper
- 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper
- refried beans
- shredded cheese
- optional - chopped cilantro
- optional - diced tomato
- Add a little oil (olive, vegetable, canola will work fine) to the pan.
- Next add the diced onions.
- Once they are starting to turn a translucent white, add your ground beef (you could use whatever ground meat you prefer.)
- Then add the other seasonings.
- Cook the meat on a medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally to keep from burning.
- Taste when it’s done to see if you need to add anything.
- It’s always better to add at the end, than use too much to start with, especially when it comes to things that are spicy!
If you have a tortilla warmer, you can wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Sometimes we add diced tomato, roughly chopped cilantro, and sour cream. Diced avocado, or guacamole is another favorite topping to add.
CLICK HERE for the BEST guacamole recipe ever!
For this quick and easy taco recipe it only takes about 20 to 30 minutes to cook. If you get your teen/tweens in the kitchen with you it can cut down on the time you spend prepping, or stirring the meat.
Do you have a ‘go to’ meal for busy week day meals? I’d love to hear all about it!